Help More Pets With An IRA Charitable Rollover
As you know, individuals 70½ or older are eligible to donate funds from a taxable individual retirement account (IRA) directly to charity through a qualified charitable distribution (QCD). You can reduce your income tax liability by making a QCD from your IRA to AHS. To qualify, you must:
- Be age 70½ or older at the time the IRA distribution is made to AHS. If you are age 73 or older, your qualified charitable distribution can satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD).
- Make the distribution directly from your IRA account to AHS. You do this by contacting your IRA custodian and directing them to issue a check in the amount you specify directly to AHS.
- Provide your IRA custodian with the following information so they can issue a check payable to AHS:
- Legal Name: Arizona Humane Society
- Federal Tax ID: 86-0135567
- Address: 1521 W. Dobbins Road, Phoenix, AZ 85041
- Ask the custodian to put your name in the “memo” line of the check or include a letter stating your name and address. That way we’ll know it’s from you and can provide you with an acknowledgment.
Qualified charitable distributions don’t require that you itemize, which may mean you can take advantage of the higher standard deduction, but still use your IRA for charitable giving.
Here are some helpful tips for making charitable IRA distributions to AHS. Please consult your tax advisor for specific rules related to qualified charitable distributions.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or just want to let us know that you will be using your IRA to make a difference today, please don’t hesitate to reach our Legacy Circle team at 602.997.7585 ext. 1034 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.