- Common Signs of Abuse
- Open sores or cuts on the animal’s body
- Bruising, bleeding or other apparent injury to animal’s anus and/or genital regions
- Patches of missing fur
- Tick or flea infestation
- Extremely thin body
- Limping/inability to walk
- Witness an owner hitting or beating an animal
- Dogs repeatedly left alone (possibly chained) outside without food, water or shelter
- Dogs kept outside during extreme heat, cold, rain, snow, etc. with no shelter
- A house with an excessive amount of cats
- Cowering in fear or acting aggressively (especially when approached by the owner)
- Pets left in parked cars (during hot weather)
If you notice any signs of animal cruelty taking place, please report it immediately:
Services are free and available daily from 8 AM – 6 PM
We cover suspected cruelty cases in the cities of Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Goodyear, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tempe.
If you are in any other Valley city, please contact your city’s designated animal control department using the numbers in the next tab.
- Reporting in Other Cities
To report animal cruelty in other cities or for local police departments, please call the appropriate number below:
- Avondale/Litchfield Park 623.333.7001
- Buckeye 623.349.6400
- Chandler 602.997.7585, ext. 2073 or 480.782.4130
- Fountain Hills 602.252.7840
- Gilbert 602.997.7585, ext. 2073 or 480.503.6500 or email email@example.com
- Glendale 602.997.7585, ext. 2073 or 623.930.3000
- Goodyear 623.932.1220
- Mesa 480.644.2211
- Paradise Valley 480.948.7410
- Peoria 623.773.8311
- Phoenix 602.997.7585, ext. 2073 or 602.262.6151
- Queen Creek 602.876.1681
- Scottsdale 602.997.7585, ext. 2073 or 480.312.5000
- Sun City 602.256.1011
- Surprise/El Mirage 623.222.4000
- Tempe 602.997.7585, ext. 2073 or 480.350.8311
For municipalities not listed, call your local police or county sheriff’s office.
If you have information about an unsolved felony animal cruelty case, call Silent Witness at 480.WITNESS (480.948.6377). You can remain anonymous and could receive a cash reward.
For livestock investigations, please contact the Arizona Department of Agriculture at 602.712.8396.
Suspect Animal Cruelty? Act Now!
Complete our Report Animal Cruelty form, and our Animal Cruelty Investigators will get to work.
If you suspect a pet is being mistreated, contact our Field Dispatch team at 602.997.7585, ext. 2073 (available daily, 8 AM – 6 PM)
We cover suspected cruelty cases in the cities of Phoenix, Chandler, Goodyear, Gilbert, Glendale, Scottsdale and Tempe. If you are in any other Valley city, please contact your city’s designated animal control department using the numbers below. Did you find a stray pet who is sick or injured? Click here.
Help Us Stop Animal Cruelty
Learn how you can take action in your community to save pets from hot cars, inappropriate outdoor tethering and more.