Scheduling an Appointment
If you are unable to find an alternative and must surrender your pet to the Arizona Humane Society, we will do all we can to provide your pet with the best possible outcome.
Admissions by Appointment will allow us to learn as much as we can about your pet so you can make an informed decision as to what is best for you and your pet.
- Call 602.997.7585 ext. 3800 to schedule an appointment to surrender your pet to the Arizona Humane Society. Our Admissions Department at our Sunnyslope Campus is open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. Once your surrender appointment is scheduled, we will email you a Pet Profile that you can print out and complete prior to your appointment.
- On the day of your appointment, bring your pet to our Sunnyslope Campus, located at 9226 N. 13th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021. Your appointment will take approximately 30 minutes and will include a health exam and behavior evaluation of your pet. The determination on if your pet is suitable for adoption will be based on a variety of factors. The results of the exam and evaluation, which we will share with you, play the largest role in this decision.
- After all information about your pet has been gathered and the animal evaluation completed, we will discuss your pet’s potential outcomes. If your pet is not suitable for adoption, we will discuss your options and help you determine the best outcome for both you and your pet.
While the needs of each animal in our care differ, it costs an average of $858 to care for one animal until he/she finds a forever home. While our surrender fees likely won’t cover the full cost of care for your pet, they will help provide us the necessary resources to keep your pet safe and healthy while we search for a new, loving family.
The surrender fee for all single dogs, cats and critters is $60.
The fee for litters of puppies or kittens is $75.
We Do Offer Low-Income Assistance
Please bring proof of the following to your appointment, and we will work with you to discount your surrender fee:
- Food stamps (you must also show a current acceptance letter)
- AHCCCS card (you must also show a current acceptance letter)
- Unemployment check
- Welfare check
Found A Stray Or Wild Animal?
Visit our stray animal resource page to determine what to do if you’ve found a stray or wild animal.