Junior Camp Counselor Youth Volunteer Program
The Junior Camp Counselor Program (JCC) is a volunteer youth development program aimed to provide leadership, educational, and responsibility-based life skill development for teenagers between the ages of 14-17. Under the supervision of Education Instructors, Junior Camp Counselors will interact with campers, assist with curriculum activities and serve as leaders in camp spirit and motivation. Application are closed for 2021, but stay tuned for the 2022 season!
- Age: 14-17 years
- Completed online application.
- Must have two references submit a referral letter here to email@example.com.
- Must complete required interview process.
- Must attend training session prior to Summer Camp 2021, held Tuesday, June 1 through Friday, June 4 from 5 to 8 p.m. JCCs will be required to attend ALL training days.
- Must commit to at least 2 consecutive weeks anytime during the summer camp season (Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.) of camp anytime during the summer season (June 7 – July 23). Once accepted, candidate can provide us with the dates they’re available.
There is a $35 participation fee which each Junior Camp Counselor must provide after acceptance into the program. Scholarship opportunities available.
Program Goals & Benefits:
1. Leadership Training, including:
- Group Management Techniques
- Positive Communication Skills with Children and Adults
- Strategic Planning, Organizing, and Leading of Events
2. Personal Growth, including:
- Social Skill Development
- Communicating Effectively
- Independence & Responsibility
- Identifying Strengths
3. Community Service Hours
4. Performance Evaluation & Recommendation Letter, if applicable (for college and/or future jobs)