Benefits of Spaying or Neutering Your Pets
Neutering your male pet prior to maturity and spaying your female pet prior to her first heat cycle (both at 4-6 months old) offers the best protection against serious health issues and the establishment of negative behaviors.
Spaying Your Female Dog Or Cat:
- Helps prevent serious medical conditions, such as uterine infections, uterine/ovarian cancer and breast cancer.
- Is far less expensive than the cost of treating an infection, having an emergency c-section, treating cancer or raising a litter of puppies or kittens.
Neutering Your Male Dog Or Cat:
- Helps prevent serious medical conditions, such as testicular cancer and often has a positive effect on your pet’s behavior.
- Makes pet less likely to mark his territory or spray urine throughout the house.
- Tends to make pet less aggressive and less likely to roam.
Spay/Neuter Financial Assistance Available
Thanks to our generous grants, we are able to offer Spay/Neuter assistance for customers in financial need. Please call either clinic listed below closest to your home, and ask a team member about various options for your pet. Low-cost spay/neuter vouchers are made possible by generous grants from PetSmart Charities, Circle of Friends and Fix. Adopt. Save.
Schedule Your Appointment
Pet Age: 2 months-8 years with a healthy veterinary exam. Pre-anesthetic bloodwork required for animals 5-8 years old.
Pet Weight: 3-120 pounds
Please review Pre-Surgery Instructions.
Marge Wright Veterinary Clinic
Spay and Neuter Also Helps Control Pet Overpopulation
There is a pet overpopulation problem in our community, as Valley shelters take in more than 50,000 animals every year. Spaying and neutering is the most effective way to reduce the number of homeless pets in our community. The Arizona Humane Society offers a variety of high-quality, low-cost spay/neuter options to the public. Each year, our skilled veterinarians, who have more than 200 years of combined veterinary experience, perform more than 16,000 spay/neuter surgeries for owned pets at our veterinary clinics and spay/neuter surgeries on shelter pets. The Arizona Humane Society spays/neuters 100 percent of the adoptable dogs and cats in our care.
Fix. Adopt. Save.
The Arizona Humane Society is a proud partner of the Alliance For Companion Animals, a group of five local animal welfare agencies who have teamed up for the “Fix. Adopt. Save.” campaign – a collaborative effort to encourage responsible pet ownership, and to dramatically increase spay/neuter and pet adoption rates in the Valley.