How Our Process Works
- Once a rescue has applied and been accepted to be a Rescue Partner of AHS, they are eligible to pull any of our pets who are looking for rescue placement.
- The Arizona Humane Society will seek rescue placement from its partners when a pet has a medical or behavioral condition we are unable to treat or all other resources have been exhausted.
- Once a Partner has committed to pulling an animal, we ask that they pick the pet up within 48 hours of commitment, unless we require additional time to ready the animal (e.g. spay/neuter surgery, completion of medical treatment, etc.).
- We will provide partnering organizations with specific information on the animal they are interested in, including behavior, medical, and any known history.
If a Rescue Partner is interested in pulling an animal, they will reach out to Chelsey Mendenhall, Rescue Partnership Coordinator, by phone at 602.997.7585 Ext. 2156 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will schedule an appointment for a Partner representative to assess and pull the animal.
Once a Partner has committed to pulling a pet:
In order to deliver an excellent experience for our partners, and to make sure we are able to provide one-on-one attention when releasing a pet, we ask that our partners schedule an appointment with our Rescue Partnership Coordinator to pull pets from our facility.
- The animal will be scheduled for spay/neuter, if needed, at no cost to the Rescue Partner.
- We will provide short-term, non-compounded medications if the animal is under treatment for an illness at no cost to our rescue partner.
- We ask that all Partner representatives come prepared with adequate transport supplies, including a slip lead or appropriately sized collar and leash, or a size appropriate carrier.
- We will provide all medical, behavioral, and microchip information, if available, to the Rescue Partner upon release of an animal.
Please direct any questions or concerns to Jane Herrera, Adoptions, Rescue & Retail Manager, at email@example.com. Thank you for partnering with us to save lives!