Suspect Animal Cruelty? Act Now!
Emergency Ambulance Service
602.997.7585 Ext. 2073
8 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily
Common signs of animal abuse or cruelty include:
- Open sores or cuts on the animal’s body
- Animal has bruising, bleeding or other apparent injury to his/her anus and/or genital regions
- Patches of missing fur
- Tick or flea infestation
- Extremely thin body
- Limping/inability to walk
- Witness an owner hitting or beating an animal
- Dogs repeatedly left alone (possibly chained) outside without food, water or shelter
- Dogs kept outside during extreme heat, cold, rain, snow, etc. with no shelter
- A house with an excessive amount of cats
- Cowering in fear or acting aggressively (especially when approached by the owner)
- Pets left in parked cars (during hot weather)
If you notice any signs of animal cruelty taking place, please call 602.997.7585 Ext. 2073 or fill out our online form to report animal abuse. Services are free and available daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For livestock investigations, please contact the Department of Agriculture at 602.712.8396.
We respond to all animal emergencies involving sick and injured stray animals except in the cities of Mesa, Surprise, Avondale and Peoria, who have their own Animal Control.
For animal cruelty, we cover the cities of Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale and Goodyear ONLY.
To report animal cruelty in other cities, please call the appropriate number below:
- Avondale/Litchfield Park 623.333.7001
- Buckeye 623.349.6400
- Chandler 602.997.7585 Ext. 2073 or 480.782.4130
- Fountain Hills 602.252.7840
- Gilbert 602.997.7585 Ext. 2073 or 480.503.6500 or email email@example.com
- Goodyear 623.932.1220
- Glendale 602.997.7585 Ext. 2073 or 623.930.3000
- Mesa 480.644.2211
- Paradise Valley 480.948.7410
- Peoria 623.773.8311
- Phoenix 602.997.7585 Ext. 2073 or 602.262.6151
- Queen Creek 602.876.1681
- Scottsdale 602.997.7585 Ext. 2073 or 480.312.5000
- Sun City 602.256.1011
- Surprise/El Mirage 623.222.4000
- Tempe 602.997.7585 Ext. 2073 or 480.350.8311
For municipalities not listed, call your local police or county sheriff’s office.
If you have information about an unsolved felony animal cruelty case, call Silent Witness at 480.WITNESS (948.6377). You can remain anonymous and could receive a cash reward up to $1,000.
Download our brochure to learn what you can do to help combat animal abuse.