Puppy Set On Fire

burned-puppy-channel-3

 

Nena arrived at the Arizona Humane Society’s Second Chance Animal Hospital™ in critical condition after a group of kids poured gasoline on her and set her on fire. Witnesses passing by were able to put out the flames and the 5-month-old Cocker spaniel was rushed in by our EAMTs™ for emergency care. Her face was badly burned, both eyes were swollen shut and oozing. Not only was Nena in an incredible amount of pain, but she was very shy around humans as well.

 

Pain medication and IV fluids were administered upon arrival, her burns were cleaned and wrapped with burn ointment. Once Nena was stable, she was sent to a foster home for several weeks where she not only made a full recovery, but she also learned to trust humans again. Nena is now enjoying life in her new forever home in Prescott.

 

Thanks to the Arizona Humane Society’s lifesaving programs, we were able to create one more happy ending for a pet in need. However, we can’t do it without the support of people like you. There are many way to keep our efforts going strong. Help save the lives of more pets like Nena by donating today!

October 23, 2014
tags

Our site uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. By using this website, you accept our privacy policy.