Back to News
ABC 15 & 3TV: AHS Unveils Portable Dog Park, P.U.P. Park
- AHS, along with PetSmart Charities®, Inc., the largest funder of animal welfare in North America, and Sunburst Landscaping, unveiled its interactive P.U.P. Park and Walking Path at AHS’ Sunnyslope Campus on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
- The P.U.P. Park, or Pop Up Pup Park, is a portable dog park that will be used to walk and exercise AHS’ dogs, including those recovering in AHS’ Second Chance Animal Trauma Hospital™. The entrance to the P.U.P. Park is an innovative shipping container donated by PetSmart Charities Inc., which acts as a secure segue into the park, complete with 340 feet of expandable fencing, three clean-up stations, benches, solar powered lighting and a storage closet.
- There are also a number of enrichment activities along the Walking Path leading to the P.U.P. Park, including dog-friendly plants and scent markers the dogs can enjoy while out for a stroll. These markers will have exciting scents like squirrel, raccoon and fox that will be rotated periodically.
- The beautiful plants, rock and landscaping leading to and around the park were donated by Sunburst Landscaping.
- The official grand opening concluded with some adorable, adoptable dogs testing out the P.U.P. Park for the first time!