- April is Prevention of Animal Cruelty Month.
- Some signs of animal cruelty include abandonment, no food, water, or shelter from the elements, thin body weight, untreated injuries, and excessive amounts of pets.
- If you suspect animal cruelty, please call 602.997.7585 Ext. 2073 or click here.
- Last year, 6,370 cruelty investigations were performed by our Emergency Animal Medical Technicians™.
- The three most common cruelty investigations are for abandonment, welfare check and no water.
3TV & ABC 15: National Prevention of Animal Cruelty Month
Senior Chihuahua Looking for Forever Home at Arizona Humane Society
While the Arizona Humane Society seeks to combat animal cruelty each and every day of the year, with April being Animal Cruelty Prevention Month, it appeared the perfect opportunity to talk about Ham Sammich.
Going by “Ham” for short, this 10-year-old Chihuahua is a sweet guy whose past wasn’t quite as pleasant as his present. When the Arizona Humane Society first met Ham, he was being kept inside a small cage outside of his home with dirty water and moldy food.
It’s understandable why Ham can be a little jumpy and fearful at times, but with a caretaker who can be empathetic to his previous experiences, Ham would make an outstanding and fun pet.