Back to News
3TV, CBS 5, 12 News: MCAO’s Don’t Leave Me Behind Campaign
- The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office has partnered with AHS, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, and Arizona Governor's Office of Highway Safety on their “Don’t Leave Me Behind” Vehicular Heatstroke Awareness Campaign, which will run throughout the summer.
- Leaving a child or pet in a vehicle is not only potentially fatal, in some circumstances it is a criminal offense. This campaign is challenging our community to not allow one more hot car death for a child or pet.
- If you see a child or pet in a hot car and believe they are in imminent danger of physical injury or death, here's what to do:
- Call 911.
- Determine if the vehicle is locked.
- If unlocked, open a door to enter the vehicle.
- If locked, you may break the window. Do not use more force than is necessary.
- Remain with the child or pet until the authorities arrive.
- AHS' pet heat safety resources can be found at azhumane.org/nohotdogsaz.