Back to News
Fox 10: Animal Cruelty Investigation
- The Arizona Humane Society, along with Silent Witness, is asking for the public’s help in the case of a brown Chihuahua who was found burned and deceased near the area of 43rd Avenue and Ocotillo in Phoenix.
- A reward of up to $1,000 is being offered for information leading to the suspect’s arrest and conviction.
- It appeared the dog was in a wire-framed enclosure at the time of the incident which had melted.
- AHS’ Animal Cruelty Investigator then transported the body to Midwestern University for a necropsy (an animal autopsy).
- AHS assists law enforcement on more than 6,000 cases of suspected animal cruelty each year, and yet this case is one of the most horrifying in recent history.
- Anyone with information is urged to contact Silent Witness at 480.WITNESS, 480.948.6377, or 480.TESTIGO for Spanish speaking, or online at www.silentwitness.org.