- A Boxer named Daphne was neglected, abused and starved in her previous home. She was extremely emaciated, weighing only 29-pounds and had a horrible skin infection from years spent confined to a crate, forced to lie in her own feces.
- EAMT Val rescued Daphne, and soon after, she learned what it was like to be part of a family in her Foster Hero’s home where she spent much of her time sunbathing in her dog bed in the yard.
- Things took an unexpected turn when Daphne returned from her foster home for a basic dental cleaning. The medical team discovered a small mass while polishing her teeth and the test results came back positive for gingival Squamous Cell Carcinoma (malignant cancer in the gums).
- The Arizona Humane Society does not have the resources to treat cancer, and we enlisted the media’s help to get find Daphne a home.
- Daphne was adopted on January 16, 2017, where she will spend the rest of her days being loved by her new family!
3TV & Fox 10: Daphne Overcomes Abuse and Neglect, Now Diagnosed With Cancer
Humane society seeks forever home for cancer-stricken dog
An 8-year-old Boxer that survived horrific animal cruelty conditions and was nursed back to health is in need of a forever home after being diagnosed with cancer.
The Arizona Humane Society says Daphne the Boxer was rescued after she was found to be living in deplorable conditions. Daphne was extremely emaciated, weighed only 29 pounds and had a skin infection from years spent living in a crate and lying in her own feces.