Back to News
CBS 5 & 3TV: Hurricane Ida Pets Arrive in Arizona
- Rescue shelters in Louisiana put out a call for aid, as they were losing power and needed to move their pets out of danger.
- In response, AHS sent a team of six AHS team members in three transport vans to El Paso, Texas. They drove through the night to get there as quickly as possible. Once there, they met with a team from Louisiana SPCA and picked up the 40 dogs and cats they had brought from New Orleans.
- After the pets stretched their legs and were secured in AHS’ vans, the team turned right back around to bring them back to Arizona, where the pets could finally rest.
- The AHS veterinary team is now completing medical evaluations on all of the Louisiana pets. Many will be available for adoption soon, while a few who arrived with concerning medical conditions will need some extra love in AHS Foster Hero homes while they recover.
- For the full story, see Displaced Hurricane Ida Pets Arrive at AHS