3TV, FOX 10, ABC 15, azfamily.com: Waived Pet Adoptions on Veteran’s Day
- To honor our country’s veterans, an anonymous donor sponsored adoption fees for dogs and cats for our military veterans on Veteran’s Day, Monday, November 11, 2019.
ROUNDUP: Free activities, food and more for Veterans Day
Veterans Day is this Monday, November 11, and we want all of those who serve and have served to know that we are thankful for you! Many retailers and restaurants want to also honor veterans with lots of deals and discounts!
Here are some ways that business that want to celebrate you for FREE!
- GET A BRAND NEW FLAG FOR FREE: On November 8, veterans can bring old, tattered flags to Von Hanson’s Meats and Spirits to get a new one. You can also get a FREE hot dog and drink from 2 to 5 p.m.
- FREE ACCESS TO U.S. MILITARY RECORDS: Ancestry is opening up the archive of over 260 million records like draft cards, enlistment records and more, through November 17 for FREE.
- FREE HORSEBACK RIDING at the MTM Ranch in Cave Creek.
- FREE ANIMAL ADOPTIONS: All Arizona Humane Society locations are waiving adoption fees from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday. But, if you’re not a veteran, you can still get 50 percent off all cat and dog adoptions at the Humane Society’s PetSmart locations.
AZ Humane Society offers free pet adoptions for vets on Veterans Day
PHOENIX (3TV/CBS5) – The Arizona Humane Society (AHS) is making it easier for veterans to connect with a four-legged companion.
On Veterans Day, the shelter is waiving all pet adoption fees for veterans.
The free pet adoption event was made possible thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor. The special will be available to all veterans on Veterans Day on Monday, November 11, at all four AHS locations.
What: Arizona Humane Society’s Salute to Veterans Pet Adoption Special
When: Monday, November 11, 2019, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Where: All Arizona Humane Society locations
“Not only does adopting a pet save two lives – the life of the adopted pet and the one who will take their place in the shelter – but pets also enrich our own lives so much,” reads a statement from AHS. “Pets offer so many emotional and physical health benefits and have the ability to decrease one’s stress level and lower their blood pressure and cholesterol.”
The folks at the shelter also point out that pets have the ability to get people more involved in exercise and outdoor activities which, in turn, can result in meeting new people. And, of course, one of the most powerful things a pet can offer is companionship, which can help lessen feelings of loneliness or anxiety.
All AHS pet adoptions include: spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations, microchip, free follow-up vet exam with VCA Animal Hospitals and free 30-days of pet insurance. If for some reason the adoption does not work out, AHS offers a 100 percent adoption guarantee, in which an adopter can return the pet for either a refund or for another pet who may suit them and their lifestyle better.