We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people.
Innovation. Compassion. Excellence.
How We Accomplish Our Mission
- Safety Net for Valley’s Most Vulnerable Pets. Our comprehensive medical, behavioral rehabilitation, surrender intervention and spay/neuter initiatives saved an additional 80,000 lives over the last five years.
- Ethical No-Kill Philosophy. We never euthanize pets for space or length of time.
- Life-saving Programs. Second Chance Animal Trauma Hospital™, Mutternity Suites, Kitten Nursery, Bottle Baby Kitten ICU and Parvo Puppy ICU save the lives of pets routinely euthanized in shelters.
- Keeping Pets in Homes. Our Pet Resource Center and veterinary clinics connect pet owners with affordable medical, behavior and support services to help keep pets and people together.
- Justice for Abused Animals. We partner with law enforcement to conduct thousands of cruelty investigations.
- Laws to Protect Animals. We advance legislation to protect pets and advocate to fight cruelty and neglect.
- Affordable Spay/Neuter Services. We reduce pet overpopulation in our community.
- Partner collaboration. We place pets in foster, rescue and permanent homes, reduce overcapacity in other shelters and reunite lost pets with their owners.
- #WAGLOCAL. We are a local nonprofit, not affiliated with other Humane Societies, and dependent on private donations to fund our work.
- Promoting the Human-Animal Bond. We inspire a compassionate and caring community for all animals through education and outreach.