Are You A People Person Who Loves Pets?
We are too and we need more people like you to help us in our mission to provide an “Excellent Experience Every Time” to our visitors and community members.
We have many ways in which you can make an impact for our homeless pets, while working with people! From being the face of AHS at community events, to greeting customers in our Admissions lobby, we rely on people like you to help us provide a friendly smile while educating and serving our community. Become a volunteer today by taking our online orientation.
Help Adopters Find the Pur-Fect Pet for their Home!
You’ll greet customers, help initialize adoptions and provide exceptional customer service to potential adopters and shoppers by providing an “Excellent Experience Every Time.” The more we can help our adopters find a great match, the more pets we can get adopted and into loving homes!
Some of the ways you’ll help:
- Help adopters find the right match for their home and lifestyle
- Work with staff to introduce pets to adopters, requires excellent handling skills
- Ensure that adopters have all the information they need to be successful with their new pets: introduction to a new home, socialization, basic medical care, etc.
- Ensure that each adopted pet leaves in required box/carrier or leash and collar and goes home with proper merchandise to set them up for success in their new home
- Take photos of pets if needed for the website or marketing purposes
- Provide enrichment to the pets
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization and promote a positive image and reputation
Provide a friendly greeting and compassionate service for both people and animals who visit our Admissions lobby.
You’ll help with checking pets in for their surrender appointments and providing customers with resources to help keep their pet in their home. There may be emotional moments as pet owners are saying goodbye to their beloved companions and as a volunteer, you will offer reassurance, compassion and empathy for both the people and animals involved. There will be happy moments when a lost pet is reunited with their owner.
- Check in customers for their appointments using the Infinity program
- Provide resources and offer pet solutions to customers needing assistance
- Schedule surrender appointments
- Provide shelter “walk-throughs” for customers looking for their lost pet
- Clean crates/ stock supplies
Be the face of our organization out in the community!
Do you love meeting new people? Can you strike up a conversation with just about anybody? And do you have a passion for organizations that are helping to rescue, heal, adopt and advocate for sick, injured and abused animals? Then sounds like we might be the perfect match for each other! AHS is looking for go-getter, personable individuals who are passionate about what we do, to go represent us out in the community at events. Whether out at adoption events at Diamondback games, booths at art fairs, fundraising events at local bars and restaurants, etc., the opportunities are endless to help raise awareness for the work we do and help find some furever families for our adoptable pets!
Some of the ways you’ll help:
- Have a positive, outgoing, engaging personality that attracts passersby to learn more about our organization
- Learn AHS key messages to confidently and effectively speak about AHS and our programs, mission, vision and values
- Facilitate offsite adoptions (if adoptable pets are part of event) by matchmaking, pet introductions, paperwork and payment transactions
- Set up booth and materials in a professional, organized fashion
- Be confident in gathering contact information for future email communication
To be considered, you must fill out an application and be interviewed by the Education and Outreach staff, as well as attend a training workshop. Must commit to attending at least one event per month. For more information on our AHS Street Team, and to apply, click here.