Volunteers Are The Heartbeat Of Our Organization. Join Our Pack Today!
We rely on animal lovers, like you, to help us in our mission to rescue, heal, adopt and advocate for sick, injured and abused animals!
We have a growing list of ways to volunteer at all of our locations. From hands-on animal care, to volunteering from home, and even group volunteering, there’s something for everyone. Please see below for volunteer requirements and information on how to join our pack! Our pets can’t wait to meet you!
We’d Love for You to Join Our Volunteer Pack!
Here are the requirements for becoming an AHS volunteer:
- Must be at least 16 years or older (see youth volunteering section for those under 16 years of age)
- Must be able to commit to one shift a week for 6 months. (see school hours section for short commitment options)
- Must have internet access to attend a volunteer orientation online.
- Felony convictions of any kind, or misdemeanors related to drugs, theft, or violence, preclude involvement in our volunteer program.
- We are not able to accommodate court-ordered community service at this time
Become a Volunteer in Three Easy Steps!
- Complete an online volunteer orientation in the comfort of your own home by visiting azhumane.org/learning. If you are interested in working directly with our pets, you will also be required to take additional safety and animal handling modules so we can help best ensure the safety of both you and our pets.
- Submit your application and one of our volunteer coordinators will be in touch with you within 3-5 days to find the best volunteer opportunity for your skills and interest.
- There is a fee of $25.00 to become a volunteer and this covers onboarding cost and your volunteer gear. On your first shift, you will receive your volunteer shirt, name badge and necessary volunteer gear.
Are you a student in need of hours for school?
We have several options for you to gain those volunteer hours while helping our pets in need!
- Complete projects at home with our Volunteer NOW! packet. Bring in your items and get a sign off on hours by a Volunteer Engagement staff member.
- For students who have limited hours that they need for school, we offer volunteer opportunities at one our thrift stores. Start by taking our online orientation and complete a volunteer application.
- If you are able to commit to one shift per week for 6 months, you can volunteer with our pets in one of our shelters. Start by taking our online orientation and complete a volunteer application.
Does your child want to get involved?
We love when young animal-lovers want to get involved! Although we require a minimum age of 16 to volunteer at the Arizona Humane Society, we do have several ways in which your youth can help and make a difference for our pets in need.
Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate court-ordered community service at this time.
Volunteer as a Pack!
AHS offers enhanced experiences for animal-loving groups of 10-25 people who want to help homeless pets in need!
AHS hosts free group experiences at our Mesa or Cave Creek thrift stores and paid experiences at our Nina Mason Pulliam Campus for Compassion. All fees support AHS in our mission to save the sick, injured and abused pets in the Valley.
To speak to a volunteer coordinator about your group interests and to learn more about our experiences and availability, please click “I Want More Info!” and complete an interest form. We will contact you within 24 hours.
General Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate and Groups: email@example.com