Back to Blog
3TV: Handmade Face Masks Needed for AHS Staff
- In order to best safeguard both our staff and customers, AHS' team members are now wearing masks throughout the day (not only during medical procedures) as we continue to care for our community’s sick, injured and abused pets.
- AHS is asking our community's animal lovers who love to sew to create handmade masks for our team members. Face mask sewing instructions are available here. This design is courtesy of the UC Davis Koret Shelter Medicine Program.
- Handmade, reusable masks are sustainable and cost effective, and help reserve valuable supplies for those in human healthcare. 100% cotton material is preferred – this is a great way to re-purpose bed sheets!
- Where to drop off your donations, available daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- AHS’ Sunnyslope Campus (9226 N. 13th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85021): Donation bin in front of the Admissions building.
- AHS’ Campus for Compassion (1521 W. Dobbins Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85041): Donation bin at the main entrance.
- Please remember we are unable to accept all other drop-off donations at this time. Mask donations will be carefully handled with proper PPE and washed before distributing to staff.
- UPDATE: We are overwhelmed by the support of animal lovers and have received more than 600 generous mask donations! We encourage those with masks to give to seek out another organization who may need them at this time. Thank you so very much for your help!