Solutions for Common Pet Problems
We may be able to help you keep your pet at home or provide alternative re-homing options. Please consider the following alternatives to surrendering your pet.
Why are you considering surrendering your pet?
I’ve been impacted by COVID-19
I need to re-home my pet
I can’t afford to care for my pet anymore
My dog has behavior issues
My cat has behavior issues
I’ve lost my home or need to move
I’m unable to find pet friendly housing
I have too many animals
I have allergies
I have an unexpected litter
My relative has passed away and I’m the next of kin
Bridge the Gap Program
AHS, in partnership with the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust, has launched the Bridge the Gap program within our Pet Resource Center to support pet owners in crisis.
With the help of a trained social worker, we can help pet parents navigate the abundant resources in Maricopa County and help keep beloved pets in their forever homes.
Does one or more of the statements below apply to you? If so, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 602.997.7585 Ext. 3800 and we may be able to help.
- I am struggling to pay for rent and/or utilities, making pet ownership difficult.
- I am struggling to pay for food for myself, my pet and/or my family.
- I am struggling to meet my family’s and my pet’s basic needs.
- I am elderly (65+) and I am having difficulties caring for my pet.
- I am in a dangerous situation and need help getting myself and my pet to a safe place.
- I lost my job and need help finding employment or I will be unable to care for myself, my family and/or my pet.
- I am struggling with my own health/mental health and it is impacting my ability to care for my pet.
If these alternative resources don’t address the circumstances you are experiencing with your pet, click here for surrender options.