The Barkery’s Famous Frozen Treats for Pups!
Thank you for joining our Animal Ed-Ventures At Home! This edition of Animal Ed-Ventures At Home will join AHS’ Outreach Coordinator, Jenny, in her home kitchen where she will show you how to prepare yummy treats for your canine companions!
- 32 oz of unsweetened plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 16 small dog treats, preferably bone-shaped or treats that can serve as an edible popsicle stick (optional)
- Ice cube tray
- Follow along with our Animal Ed-Ventures At Home video on AHS’ Facebook page! The video will premiere on Wednesday, May 20 at 10 a.m.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter and Greek yogurt.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Distribute evenly into an ice cube tray.
- Optional: Put one treat into each ice cube tray, standing upright.
- Freeze and serve!
We would love to hear if your dog likes his or her special frozen treats! Please share your feedback with us on AHS’ Facebook page and be sure to join us for future activities each Wednesday at 10 a.m.!
AHS’ Education and Outreach team inspires a compassionate community of animal lovers through education events across the Valley and youth programs in schools and in our shelters. They also care for our Animal Teachers, who are ambassadors who help young animal lovers develop an appreciation and compassion for living things through interaction and up-close observation. Our Animal Teachers come to us from a variety of circumstances. Some were surrendered or transferred to us from another rescue organization, while others were rescued after being abused, abandoned or injured. They become ambassadors in our education programs as their stories are filled with a message of caring, empathy and hope. Both our Animal Teachers and our own companion pets will join us in our Animal Ed-Ventures At Home weekly series.