Emergency Relief Adoption Special Sponsored by BISSELL Pet Foundation.
Thanks to our generous friends at BISSELL Pet Foundation, AHS will be offering $25 pet adoptions through March 21 in an effort to #EmptyTheShelters. Dogs and cats of all ages at AHS’ Campus for Compassion location will participate.
Upon the close of business Saturday, we will close all adoptions to the public and we will shift our efforts to placing pets in emergency Foster Hero homes moving forward.
As a reminder, adoptions are only taking place at AHS’ Campus for Compassion. All other adoption locations are currently closed.
The adoption process at AHS has been slightly modified to keep everyone safe. Wait times may be a bit longer than we’d like, but our key focuses on social distancing (keeping at least six feet between customers and staff) and heightened cleaning protocols will be the priority. The process remains as simple as 1, 2, 3…4!
Step 1: Check-in with our receptionist out front when you arrive ☑️
Step 2: Get paired with an Adoption Specialist*, while practicing six feet of social distancing 👋
Step 3: Meet the pet of your dreams and fall in love at first sight 😻
Step 4: Sanitize, sanitize, sanitize!
*In the event, all Adoption Specialists are helping customers, we will take down your information, add you to our waitlist, and send you a text when a team member becomes available. We highly encourage folks to browse our adoptable pet pages at azhumane.org/adopt prior to their visit to identify the pet(s) they would like to meet.
Because AHS cares for the Valley’s most vulnerable sick, injured and abused pets, the average cost of care per AHS pet is more than $1,000. Any additional contribution toward your new family member’s adoption is greatly appreciated and will help save the lives of more furry friends just like them! All of the cats and dogs on our adoption floor have been spayed/neutered and microchipped, and are up to date on all current vaccinations. They are also sent home with a bag of Hills Science Diet food, a free follow-up veterinary exam with VCA Animal Hospitals, free pet insurance for 30 days, and special adopter discounts on programs and services.
Things to know beforehand:
- Be prepared to wait in your car or outside, keeping a safe social distance from other customers or staff. Bring plenty of water.
- Check pet requirements. If you have a specific pet in mind, please check their requirements regarding child or whole family introductions before coming to meet them. All adoptable pets can be found here.
- Limit two meet n’ greets per household. We want to make sure that everyone has a chance to meet our adoptable pets! If interested in more, we kindly ask that you go to the end of the line.
- Limit two adoptions per household.
- We cannot hold pets. Adoptions are first come, first served.
- For dogs: Must have or purchase appropriate leash and collar at time of adoption.
- For cats: Must have or purchase appropriate carrier at time of adoption. $5 cat boxes are available for purchase.