Our Pets Believe Love is Timeless… Don’t You?
In celebration of National Senior Pet Month, AHS is waiving adoption fees for dogs and cats 6 years and older at all locations!
Senior pets, like Dakota, the 7-year-old German Shepherd serving as our senior pet model, make some of the best pets.
The benefits of adopting a senior pet include:
- Manners! Often times, they are less destructive than our puppy and kitten friends.
- “What you see is what you get” – their behavior and appearance are already established.
- The potty training phase is a thing of the past!
- You CAN teach an old dog new tricks – who knew?!
- A built in best friend.
- A known history (often times)
Pets also offer so many emotional and physical health benefits (which can be of particular importance to senior citizens) which include decreases in blood pressure, cholesterol, and feelings of loneliness. Pets also have the ability to increase one’s opportunities for outdoor activities, exercise, and socialization.
Things to know before adopting during our Love is Timeless Adoption Special:
- Check pet requirements and location. If you have a specific pet in mind, please check their requirements regarding family introductions before coming to meet them (must meet all members of the family, child restrictions, cannot live with other pets, etc.). All pets can be viewed here and can be filtered by location. These pages are updated every hour.
- If you bring your dog for an introduction, vaccinations must be up-to-date. Dogs should have received most recent round of vaccinations at least five days prior to visiting.
- Limit two adoptions per household.
- We cannot hold pets. Adoptions are first come, first served.
- For dogs: Must have or purchase appropriate leash and collar at time of adoption.
- For cats: Must have or purchase appropriate carrier at time of adoption. $5 cardboard boxes are available for purchase.
Why adopt from the Arizona Humane Society?
Because AHS cares for the Valley’s most vulnerable sick, injured and abused pets, it costs an average of more than $1,000 to care for one animal until he or she finds a forever home. Any additional contribution towards your new family member’s adoption is greatly appreciated and will help save the lives of more furry friends just like them!
All of the cats and dogs on our adoption floor have been spayed/neutered and microchipped, and are up to date on all current vaccinations. They are also sent home with a bag of Hills Science Diet food, a free follow-up veterinary exam with VCA Animal Hospitals, free pet insurance for 30 days, and special adopter discounts on programs and services.