Adopt a Furry Friend During PetSmart’s National Adoption Weekend!
Thanks to our amazing friends and partners at PetSmart Charities, AHS will be offering pet adoptions at AHS’ PetSmart locations for 50% off from Friday, November 8 to Sunday, November 10.
Dogs and cats of all ages at AHS’ PetSmart adoption locations in Mesa, Scottsdale, and Glendale will participate for the weekend. PetSmart Mesa and Scottsdale will have both dogs and cats available for adoption. PetSmart Arrowhead will have only dogs available for adoption.
4380 N. Miller Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Friday, November 8th, 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, November 9th, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Sunday, November 10th, 12 p.m.-6 p.m.
1733 S. Stapley Drive
Mesa, AZ 85204
Daily, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
7290 W. Bell Road
Glendale, AZ 85308
Daily, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Things to know beforehand:
- Be prepared to wait in line, possibly outside. Bring plenty of water for yourself, as well as water for your dog if you bring him or her along to meet potential new furmily members.
- If you bring your dog for an introduction, vaccinations must be up-to-date. Dogs should have received most recent round of vaccinations at least five days prior to visiting.
- Check pet requirements and location. If you have a specific pet in mind, please check their requirements regarding family introductions before coming to meet them (must meet all members of the family, child restrictions, cannot live with other pets, etc.). All pets can be viewed here and can be filtered by location (PetSmart Arrowhead will use the “Event” location filter). These pages are updated every hour.
- Limit two meet n’ greets per household. We want to make sure that everyone has a chance to meet our adoptable pets! If interested in more, we kindly ask that you go to the end of the line.
- Limit two adoptions per household.
- We cannot hold pets. Adoptions are first come, first served.
- For dogs: Must have or purchase appropriate leash and collar at time of adoption.
- For cats: Must have or purchase appropriate carrier at time of adoption. $5 cat boxes are available for purchase.
Why adopt from the Arizona Humane Society?
Because AHS cares for the Valley’s most vulnerable sick, injured and abused pets, it costs an average of more than $1,000 to care for one animal until he or she finds a forever home. Any additional contribution towards your new family member’s adoption is greatly appreciated and will help save the lives of more furry friends just like them!
All of the cats and dogs on our adoption floor have been spayed/neutered and microchipped, and are up to date on all current vaccinations. They are also sent home with a bag of Hills Science Diet food, a free follow-up veterinary exam with VCA Animal Hospitals, free pet insurance for 30 days, and special adopter discounts on programs and services.