Celebrate National Cat Day with Waived Fees for Adult Felines!
In celebration of National Cat Day on Tuesday, October 29, adult cats (1 year and older) will have waived adoption fees! All AHS adoption locations in Phoenix, Scottsdale and Mesa will participate for the one-day special.
Things to know beforehand:
- Check pet requirements and location. If you have a specific pet in mind, please check their requirements regarding family introductions before coming to meet them (must meet all members of the family, child restrictions, other pets, etc.). All pets can be viewed here and can be filtered by age and location. These pages are updated every hour.
- Limit two meet n’ greets per household (if there is a line). We want to make sure that everyone has a chance to meet our adoptable cats! If you are interested in meeting more cats, we kindly ask that you go to the end of the line.
- Limit two adoptions per household.
- We cannot hold pets. Adoptions are first come, first served.
- For all felines: Must have or purchase appropriate carrier at time of adoption. $5 cardboard boxes are available for purchase.
Why adopt from the Arizona Humane Society?
Because AHS cares for the Valley’s most vulnerable sick, injured and abused pets, it costs an average of more than $1,000 to care for one animal until he or she finds a forever home. Any additional contribution towards your new family member’s adoption is greatly appreciated and will help save the lives of more furry friends just like them!
All of the cats and dogs on our adoption floor have been spayed/neutered and microchipped, and are up to date on all current vaccinations. They are also sent home with a bag of Hills Science Diet food, a free follow-up veterinary exam with VCA Animal Hospitals, free pet insurance for 30 days, and special adopter discounts on programs and services.