Keep Werewolf Pups and Catwoman Kittens Happy and Healthy this Halloween!
Halloween is an exciting time of year but can also be frightening and dangerous for furry loved ones at home. On average, emergency vet clinics see a 12% increase of emergency calls on and around Halloween.
Keeping pets safe doesn’t have to be tricky with these important safety tips from the Arizona Humane Society:
- Keep pets indoors in a secure, quiet space with plenty of food, water and toys as pets can easily escape through open doors. Utilize radio or TV for noise.
- Refrain from having pets go trick-or-treating with you as they may become spooked and run off.
- Make sure your pets are microchipped and information is up-to-date, complemented by ID tag and collar.
- Keep candy, especially chocolate, up and away from pets. Candy wrappers can also become a choking hazard.
- Ensure pet costumes fit properly, and do not force pet to wear costume – try for a quick photo opp instead.
- Use extra caution around Jack-O-Lanterns and decorations.
- If you would like to report a sick or injured pet, or if you suspect animal cruelty, call AHS’ field dispatch team at 602-997-7585 ext. 2073.
If your pet goes missing or you find a pet, click here for tips to increase the chances of being reunited with your furry friend.