BISSELL Pet Foundation Will Sponsor $25 Pet Adoptions!
Thanks to our generous friends at BISSELL Pet Foundation, AHS will be offering $25 pet adoptions this Saturday, October 12 for Empty the Shelters! Dogs and cats of all ages at all AHS adoption locations will participate for the special.
Things to know beforehand:
- Be prepared to wait in line, possibly outside. Bring plenty of water and sunscreen.
- Please leave your four-legged friends at home.
- Check pet requirements and location. If you have a specific pet in mind, please check their requirements regarding child or whole family introductions before coming to meet them. All adoptable pets can be found here and can be filtered by location.
- Visit our shelter in person. To find out if an animal is still available, it is best to visit the pet’s location in person during the event. Our website is updated hourly but it does take some time to process adoption paperwork during adoption specials, and our call volume is also very high. In addition, adoption locations may change early in the morning.
- Limit two meet n’ greets per household. We want to make sure that everyone has a chance to meet our adoptable pets! If interested in more, we kindly ask that you go to the end of the line.
- Limit two adoptions per household.
- We cannot hold pets. Adoptions are first come, first served.
- For dogs: Must have or purchase appropriate leash and collar at time of adoption.
- For cats: Must have or purchase appropriate carrier at time of adoption. $5 cat boxes are available for purchase.
- Campus for Compassion (1521 W. Dobbins Road, Phoenix, AZ 85041): 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunnyslope Campus (9226 N. 13th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021): 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- PetSmart Scottsdale (4380 N. Miller Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251): 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- PetSmart Mesa (1733 S. Stapley Drive, Mesa, AZ 85204): 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- This location will only offer adoptable cats and kittens.
Why adopt from the Arizona Humane Society?
All of the cats and dogs on our adoption floor have been spayed/neutered and microchipped, and are up to date on all current vaccinations. They are also sent home with a bag of Hills Science Diet food, a free follow-up veterinary exam with VCA Animal Hospitals, free pet insurance coverage for 30 days, and special adopter discounts on programs and services.
Because AHS cares for the Valley’s most vulnerable sick, injured and abused pets, the average cost of care per AHS pet is more than $1,000. Any additional contribution towards your new family member’s adoption is greatly appreciated and will help save the lives of more furry friends just like them!