We’re at Cat-pacity!
Our kitties are feline ready to stretch their legs in a furever home! This Friday, October 4 to Sunday, October 6, AHS is offering waived adoption fees for cats one year and older, and $50 for kitten adoptions at all locations.
Things to know beforehand:
- Be prepared to wait in line, possibly outside. Bring plenty of water!
- Check pet requirements and location. If you have a specific pet in mind, please check their requirements regarding family introductions before coming to meet them. All pets can be viewed here and can be filtered by location. Please note that adoption locations may change early in the morning, and these pages are updated every hour.
- Visit our shelter in person. To find out if an animal is still available, it is best to visit the pet’s location in person during the event. Our website is updated hourly but it does take some time to process adoption paperwork during adoption specials, and our call volume is also very high.
- Limit two meet n’ greets per household. We want to make sure that everyone has a chance to meet our adoptable pets! If interested in more, we kindly ask that you go to the end of the line.
- Limit two adoptions per household.
- We cannot hold pets. Adoptions are first come, first served.
- For all felines: Must have or purchase appropriate carrier at time of adoption. $5 cardboard boxes are available for purchase.
Why adopt from the Arizona Humane Society?
Because AHS cares for the Valley’s most vulnerable sick, injured and abused pets, it costs an average of more than $1,000 to care for one animal until he or she finds a forever home. Any additional contribution towards your new family member’s adoption is greatly appreciated and will help save the lives of more furry friends just like them!
All of the cats and dogs on our adoption floor have been spayed/neutered and microchipped, and are up to date on all current vaccinations. They are also sent home with a bag of Hills Science Diet food, a free follow-up veterinary exam with VCA Animal Hospitals and special adopter discounts on programs and services.