- The Arizona summer heat is upon us and AHS, the City of Phoenix, the Phoenix Fire Department, the Phoenix Police Department, and other partners remind parents of children and pets to be mindful of the heat when traveling.
- Always look before you lock, and if you believe a pet or child is in danger in a hot car, please call the police right away. Here’s what to do:
- Call 911.
- Determine if the vehicle is locked.
- If unlocked, open a door to enter the vehicle.
- If locked, you may break the window. Do not use more force than is necessary.
- Remain with the child or pet until the authorities arrive.
- AHS’ pet heat safety resources can be found at azhumane.org/nohotdogsaz.