February is Spay/Neuter Awareness Month!
Neutering your pet prior to maturity and spaying your pet prior to her first heat cycle (both at 4-6 months old) offers the best protection against serious health issues and the establishment of negative behaviors.
Spaying Your Female Dog Or Cat:
- Helps prevent serious medical conditions, such as uterine infections, uterine/ovarian cancer and breast cancer.
- Is far less expensive than the cost of treating an infection, having an emergency c-section, treating cancer or raising a litter of puppies or kittens.
Neutering Your Male Dog Or Cat:
- Helps prevent serious medical conditions, such as testicular cancer and often has a positive effect on your pet’s behavior.
- Makes pet less likely to mark his territory or spray urine throughout the house.
- Tends to make pet less aggressive and less likely to roam.
Please call us to schedule an appointment at one of our veterinary clinics, and review Pre-Surgery Instructions. Pets must be 3 – 120 lbs and 2 months – 6 years (older pets will need to schedule an appointment prior to surgery). Appointments must be scheduled by Thursday, February 28!
Margaret McAllister Brock Veterinary Clinic
1521 W. Dobbins Road
Phoenix, AZ 85041
602.997.7585 Ext. 4000
Marge Wright Veterinary Clinic
1311 W. Hatcher Road
Phoenix, AZ 85021
602.997.7585 Ext. 4001