Adopt a Furry Friend During PetSmart’s National Adoption Weekend!
Thanks to our amazing friends and partners at PetSmart Charities, AHS will be offering pet adoptions at AHS’ PetSmart locations for 50% off from Friday, November 9 to Sunday, November 11. Dogs and cats of all ages at AHS’ PetSmart adoption locations in Mesa and Scottsdale will participate for the weekend. Our friends at PetSmart Arrowhead have also opened their doors to us for the weekend and will offer adoptions at their location at 7290 W Bell Rd, Glendale, AZ 85308.
Because AHS cares for the Valley’s most vulnerable sick, injured and abused pets, it costs an average of $910 to care for one animal until he or she finds a forever home. Any additional contribution towards your new family member’s adoption is greatly appreciated and will help save the lives of more furry friends just like them!
All of the cats and dogs on our adoption floor have been spayed/neutered and are up to date on all current vaccinations. They are also sent home with a bag of Hills Science Diet food, a free follow-up veterinary exam with VCA Animal Hospitals and special adopter discounts on programs and services.
4380 N. Miller Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Daily, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
1733 S. Stapley Drive
Mesa, AZ 85204
Daily, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
7290 W. Bell Road
Glendale, AZ 85308
Daily, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Things to know beforehand:
- Be prepared to wait in line, possibly outside. Bring plenty of water for yourself, as well as water and booties for your dog if you bring him or her along to meet potential new furmily members.
- If you bring your dog for an introduction, vaccinations must be up-to-date. Dogs should have received most recent round of vaccinations at least five days prior to visiting.
- Check pet requirements and location. If you have a specific pup in mind, please check their requirements regarding dog or child intros before coming to meet them. All adoptable dogs can be found here and can be filtered by location. Please note that adoption locations may change early in the morning, and these pages are updated every hour.
- Limit two meet n’ greets per household. We want to make sure that everyone has a chance to meet our adoptable pets! If interested in more, we kindly ask that you go to the end of the line.
- Limit two adoptions per household.
- We cannot hold pets. Adoptions are first come, first served.
- For dogs: Must have or purchase appropriate leash and collar at time of adoption.
- For cats: Must have or purchase appropriate carrier at time of adoption. $5 cat boxes are available for purchase.