Celebrate National Adoption Weekend by Adopting a Furry Friend!
Thanks to our generous friends at PetSmart Charities who are hosting National Adoption Weekend nation-wide, adoption fees for cats and dogs ages 6 months and older will be 50% off! The special will be offered this Friday, September 14 – Sunday, September 16, 2018 at AHS’ PetSmart adoption locations in Scottsdale and Mesa.
Because AHS cares for the Valley’s most vulnerable sick, injured and abused pets, it costs an average of $910 to care for one animal until he or she finds a forever home. Any additional contribution towards your new family member’s adoption is greatly appreciated and will help save the lives of more furry friends just like them!
All of the cats and dogs on our adoption floor have been spayed/neutered and are up to date on all current vaccinations. They are also sent home with a bag of Hills Science Diet food, a free follow-up veterinary exam with VCA Animal Hospitals and special adopter discounts on programs and services.
4380 N. Miller Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Daily, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
602.997.7585 Ext. 5322
1733 S. Stapley Drive
Mesa, AZ 85204
Daily, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
602.997.7585 Ext. 5321
7290 W Bell Rd
Glendale, AZ 85308
11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Things to know beforehand:
- Be prepared to wait in line, possibly outside. Bring plenty of water for yourself, as well as water and booties for your dog if you bring him or her along to meet potential new furmily members.
- If you bring your dog for an introduction, vaccinations must be up-to-date. Dogs should have received most recent round of vaccinations at least five days prior to visiting.
- Check pet requirements and location. If you have a specific pup in mind, please check their requirements regarding dog or child intros before coming to meet them. All adoptable dogs can be found here and can be filtered by location (select “PetSmart at Old Town Scottsdale” or “PetSmart at Mesa”). Please note that adoption locations may change early in the morning, and these pages are updated every hour.
- Limit two meet n’ greets per household. We want to make sure that everyone has a chance to meet our adoptable pets! If interested in more, we kindly ask that you go to the end of the line.
- Limit two adoptions per household.
- We cannot hold pets. Adoptions are first come, first served.
- For dogs: Must have or purchase appropriate leash and collar at time of adoption.
- For cats and carriers: Must have or purchase appropriate carrier at time of adoption. $5 cat boxes are available for purchase.