Let’s Clear the Shelters with Telemundo Phoenix!
Our friends at Telemundo Phoenix are back to help AHS Clear the Shelters again this summer! On Saturday, August 18, adoption fees for all AHS adult dogs and cats one year and older will be 50% off at all adoption locations.
All of the cats and dogs on our adoption floor have been spayed/neutered and are up to date on all current vaccinations. They are also sent home with a bag of Hills Science Diet food, a free follow-up veterinary exam with VCA Animal Hospitals, a microchip, and special adopter discounts on programs and services.
Things to know beforehand:
- Be prepared to wait in line, possibly outside. Bring plenty of water for yourself, as well as water and booties for your dog if you bring him or her along to meet potential new furmily members.
- Check pet requirements and location. If you have a specific pet in mind, please check their requirements, medical needs, and more beforehand. All adoptable dogs can be found here and can be filtered by location. Please note that adoption locations may change early in the morning, and these pages are updated every hour.
- Some dogs may need to meet all family members, two and four-legged. For owned pets in need of an introduction, please bring accommodations to try and keep your pet cool as lines will likely be long. AHS will do our best to provide shade and water. Owned dogs must also have up-to-date vaccinations, having received their most recent round of vaccinations at least five days prior to visiting.
- Limit two meet n’ greets per household. We want to make sure that everyone has a chance to meet our adoptable pets! If interested in more, we kindly ask that you go to the end of the line.
- Limit two adoptions per household.
- We cannot hold pets. Adoptions are first come, first served.
- For dogs: Must have or purchase appropriate leash and collar at time of adoption.
- For cats and critters: Must have or purchase appropriate carrier at time of adoption. $5 cat boxes are available for purchase.
Because AHS cares for the Valley’s most vulnerable sick, injured and abused pets, it costs an average of $910 to care for one animal until he or she finds a forever home. Donations are greatly appreciated and will help save the lives of more furry friends just like your newly adopted pet!