FOX 10 & CBS 5: Dog’s Paws Blistered from Hot Pavement
- Bruce, a Border Collie, was found running along the 202 Red Mountain freeway on May 5, 2017.
- On this day, temperatures that day reached 108 degrees, but even hotter was the pavement which reached a sweltering 160 degrees.
- AHS’ Emergency Animal Medical Technicians™ (EAMTs) picked up Bruce and found that all four of his paws were blistered and burned from running on the hot pavement.
- Bruce was treated in AHS’ Second Chance Animal Trauma Hospital™ for two weeks.
- Bruce is now healed and able to walk on all four paws again!