The Arizona Humane Society, along with Safeway, would like to invite the community to:
Paws for Love Community Pet Adoption Event
Saturday, Feb 9
7 a.m. – 12 p.m.
810 E. Glendale Ave.
The event will feature adoptable pets who have triumphed over tragedy and will include:
(*Potential adopters: please be sure bring your other canine friends to the event for a meet and greet so we can ensure a good match. As for Margie, it is best if she is the only pet in the home.)
Margie – a 1-year-old Pit bull who was rescued from starvation weighing in at only 27-pounds. She couldn’t even stand on her own. AHS vets purchased canine blood and began giving her transfusions as they started her on an intense feeding schedule. After months in foster care, Margie now weighs in at 55-pounds and is an absolute sweetheart looking for her forever home.
Murphy – a 2-year-old Cattle dog who was wrapped in a tarp and thrown in a dumpster. AHS EAMTs arrived on scene to find Murphy with various puncture wounds on his neck and torso. Drains were inserted into his body to relieve the pressure yet weeks later it was found that Murphy also needed hip surgery. Now 100 percent, Murphy is ready to embark on a carefree lifestyle with a loving family.
Casanova – a 1-year-old tan/white Chihuahua who literally came to AHS with tire tracks on his tiny body after being hit by a car. To make matters worse, he was also infested with ticks. Despite his rough beginning, February and Valentine’s Day are this little man’s favorite as he continues to charm the ladies and live up to his name.
Trike – a 2-year-old brindle Chihuahua who was rescued by AHS’ EAMTs after being hit by a car near 23rd Avenue and Glenrosa. Trike may have lost a leg in the accident, but he has not lost his spirit.
• Pet adoptions – all adoption fees are just $110 and includes the spay/neuter surgery, first vaccinations, follow-up vet exam with VCA Animal Hospitals, ID tag and collar.
• Meet and greet with an AHS Emergency Animal Medical Technician™ and former Animal Cops Phoenix Star, Marisa McHugh
• EAMT ambulance
• Kid’s crafts for shelter pets
• Photos with AHS mascot, Humane Eddy
• World’s largest dog bone-shaped cake
• Starbucks coffee and donuts in the morning
• Johnsonville Brats and Blue Bell Ice Cream for lunch
The first 100 people to make a donation to the Paws for Love campaign will receive a free long-stemmed red rose!
We hope to see you there!