You and your pet need to be prepared for your pet’s spay or neuter surgery.
Here are some things you will need to do to help him or her get ready for the big day:
- For puppies & kittens under 6 months of age and under 6 pounds, do not withhold food or water.
- For all other dogs and cats, pick up food at 10pm the night before his or her surgery. Water is ok to give.
- All pets must be at least two months of age.
- All pets must weigh at least three pounds.
- Dogs must be on a leash and cats must be in a carrier.
Your pet will be ready to go home on the same day – so please be prepared to pick up your pet before 5pm.
Because of possible complications, we may not be able to accept females that are in heat or pregnant or males with one or both testicles undescended (cryptorchid). If such a condition exists and the animals is accepted for surgery, additional fees will apply. Unfortunately, because we are a low-risk, public clinic, we will not accept overtly aggressive animals to ensure the safety of your pet and our staff.