|Breed:||American Pit Bull Terrier|
|Arrived:||Aug. 19, 2017|
|Location:||Campus for Compassion|
- Luna initially came to the shelter as an owner surrender when her previous owner could not afford the care she needed. She is a high energy dog and very affectionate. She is treat motivated and responds well to play and training. She has now been in the shelter for a considerable amount of time and is kennel stressed; so we are seeking a SAFE Foster Home for her. She would enjoy being a temporary companion for someone while looking for an adoptive home! She weighs 50 lbs.
- Needs to be only dog in home
- Normal dog care
- Very strong, would do best with a handler physically able to handle her
- Recommend feeding out of puzzle feeders and Kong's as an outlet for her energy
- High energy dog that needs daily exercise and would do best with an active family
- AHS will provide food, medical care and medical supplies during the foster period
Type of home I'm looking for:
- Previous experience with large dogs/bully breeds preferred or at least some work with excitable dogs.
- Ideally a home where she wouldn't be left alone for more than 6 hours a day.
- Ideally someone active that will make sure she is getting proper exercise and training.