- Kelly, a 6-year-old Beagle, arrived at AHS back in December of 2016 when her owner was deployed overseas to serve our country. She will be there until June 2018.
- AHS’ Project Active Duty program, supported by PetSmart Charities, provides temporary foster care for pets whose owners are serving our country.
- A true Beagle, Kelly is very active, curious, and needs to be kept busy. She needs a foster home with a family who is either retired or works from home and can keep a watchful eye on her, as she has separation anxiety and is known to escape from kennels and yards.
- Kelly is great with other dogs, kids and cats! She is also leash trained, house trained, and knows all her basic commands.
- UPDATE: Thanks to the overwhelming support from the community after Kelly’s story hit news stations, we have found Kelly the perfect Foster Hero while her own hero serves our country! Major tail wags for all who offered to open their home for Kelly and other animals just like her through foster and our temporary pet placement programs!
Beagle waits for foster home while her owner is deployed
A patient beagle has been waiting for a year for a foster home while her owner is serving overseas in the military.
The Arizona Humane Society’s (AHS) Project Active Duty program provides temporary foster care while a dog’s owner is deployed until they can match the dog with a foster family.
Kelly the beagle’s owner will return from active duty in 2018 and the two will be reunited then.
Kelly has been in the Project Active Duty Program for a year and has yet to find her own foster family. AHS is looking for a good match for Kelly and says that life in a kennel has been hard for her.