AHS is Making it Easier Than Ever to Save Lives
Fostering is an amazing way to help us save animals and now we’re making it super easy for you to become a part of our foster volunteer team by joining us for an online or in-person foster orientation.
As we are now offering our orientation sessions online, you can complete all training at a time and place that is convenient for you. Our team will work with you to find the best foster fit for your and your family. Typical foster cases at AHS include pregnant or nursing mothers and babies, orphaned babies, injuries (like wounds and fractures), illness (like respiratory or stomach parasite issues), or animals who have developed kennel stress.
The process is simple:
- Attend an online or in-person foster orientation.
- Complete a foster application.
- Our foster team will help you find the perfect pet for you and your home.
- We’ll provide the supplies for your pet and you can bring the pet home.
- We’ll continue to provide support for you and your pet.
- Once the pet is ready to go up for adoption, you can either welcome the pet into your family permanently or we’ll find a new loving home for him/her!
We are especially proud to offer foster programs for owned animals in need of care in special circumstances, like owners who are domestic violence victims, deployed members of the military, and more.
Become a hero and save a life by opening your heart and home to a foster pet! When you become an AHS Foster Hero, you are giving a second chance to an animal who needs temporary respite from the shelter as they heal from injury or illness. Click the button below to start helping us save more lives!